As someone who takes care of their health, you probably visit a primary care physician on an annual basis. It's normal to see a dentist twice a year for your teeth, or to have your vision checked every year, but do you do the same for your hearing?
Routine hearing evaluations are a great way to be proactive and catch any signs of hearing loss early. Your hearing plays an important role in your overall health and well-being. If you aren't convinced that you should have your hearing evaluated, check out these 5 reasons why you should see a hearing specialist.
Reasons to Have Your Hearing Aids Checked
- A Hearing Test is Painless: Hearing tests are quick, easy, and painless. Having your hearing tested is incredibly easy and you won't even feel a thing.
- Establish a Baseline of Your Hearing: Unlike visiting the dentist or an eye doctor, many don't have their hearing checked annually to know where it's at. A hearing test will give you a baseline to understand where your hearing threshold is, so if it changes in the future, you can recognize there is a change.
- Untreated Hearing Loss Increases the Chance of Dementia: When left untreated, hearing loss can increase your chance of developing dementia. Adding regular hearing screenings to your annual health routine will allow us to catch any signs of cognitive decline or dementia early.
- To Monitor Your Health: Hearing loss can occur for many reasons, not just because of age. If you work in a noisy environment, a hearing test is crucial to help protect your hearing. Hearing loss can also be the symptom of another underlying condition such as heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure.
- To Catch Hearing Loss Early: One in eight people in the U.S. over the age of 12 has hearing loss in both ears. Because hearing loss is so common, it is crucial to your health to have your hearing checked.
It's Time to Visit Your Hearing Specialist
Scheduling annual hearing check-ups will ensure you are catching the signs of hearing loss early and are being proactive about your hearing health. If you already have hearing loss, it is important to come in every year so we can monitor your hearing and be sure your hearing aids are providing you with the proper amplification.
Hopefully these 5 reasons to have your hearing checked will encourage you to add annual hearing check-ups to your yearly routine. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a hearing test! We can test your hearing ability, talk about hearing aids, and help you be proactive about your health.
Contact Us Today